Reminder of free medical care
WHICH MEDICAL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED FOR FREE AND WHICH ARE TO BE PAID?
Medical care in all medical institutions working in the Compulsury health insurance (hereinafter “CHI”) system should be provided for FREE, if you have a CHI policy - in the polyclinic (local physician), dental clinic, women’s health clinic, dermatovenerologic centre.
The polyclinic can be chosen at the actual residence (work, study) place, and changed once a year (or when moving) by writing an application addressed to the head of the institution (subject to the doctor’s consent).
In an emergency, if there is a threat to your life, the medical organization is obliged to provide assistance immediately, FREE OF CHARGE, regardless of whether you have a CHI policy.
IF THERE IS NO THREAT TO LIFE, A ROUTINE FREE MEDICAL CARE IS PROVIDED.
In this case, the waiting period of:
- an outpatient reception by a physician and carrying out diagnostic and therapeutic measures is not more than 10 working days;
- computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and angiography is not more than 30 working days from the date of referral from the attending physician;
- scheduled hospitalization in a day hospital - no more than 20 working days from the date of a referral issuance by the attending physician;
- scheduled hospitalization in the inpatient facility - no more than 30 working days from the date of the referral receipt;
During inpatient treatment medicines (which are included in the list of vital and essential medications) are provided for free.
MEDICAL INSTITUTIONS CAN PERFORM PAYABLE MEDICAL CARE IN THE FOLLOWING CASES:
- when providing medical services anonymously;
- to people uninsured by CHI
- when self-applying for medical services (without a referral from a doctor or out of turn);
- non-medical services are also paid: household, service, transportation, etc.
INFORMATION ABOUT FREE AND PAID MEDICAL SERVICES IS PROVIDED ON THE FOLLOWING RESOURCES:
- on the website of the medical institution operating in the CHI system (Territorial CHI program);
- on the information stand in the polyclinic or in the hospital admission department.
If you are forced to pay for a medical service, you can contact your insurance company by calling the telephone number specified on the CHI policy , or contact an insurance representative in a medical institution.
CONSULTATIONS MAY BE RECEIVED ON A HOT LINE OF STAVROPOL TERRITORIAL COMPULSORY
MEDICAL INSURANCE FUND: (8652) 94-11-35
AND ONLINE: ТФОМССК.РФ